Friday, August 28, 2009

The Virus is spreading!

Well the store is prepped for the sale. The reps will be here and we are ready. I can't wait to see all the "regulars" as well as the new customers that will come in. I love my job and this weekend will be as good as it gets. After a summer off it will be "all out" right from the get go. In addition to sales prep I have been scrambling to get a lot of other things done. One is to come up with an order for the new Virus boots from Dalbello. I have had just a few days to come up with an order for the 12/01 release. How many can we sell? I don't know. What I do know is that I had to come up with my best guess today in the midst of sale prep. I did about 8 lites and 10 Free models. Dalbello is great about helping the dealers and I got images and award notifications from them right away. The boot won the Editors choice award from Backcountry magazine. Here came photos of the finished product. Glen loves the final product testimonials. The photo from a few days ago is from the sales rep and the colors were wrong, so he is freaked that it is not represented properly. I can't get it to load correctly so just imagine it to be more of an orange color for now. lol A peak into my world may be the email that our sales rep (will) sent to dealers. It reads as follows:. Labor Day is right around the corner and so is our season. If ever there was a year to generate early sales this is it. To assist in achieving that goal Dalbello is launching the Virus AT program. This boot has been in development and testing with Glen Plake at our Chamonix lab and around the U.S. It is the first AT boot allowing planter flexion. The ability to point your toe creates a much longer stride; every step covering more grounded with less effort. You will definitely be the first to the powder stash. Dalbello builds ski boots. The Virus is capable of pushing around the widest beefiest skis on the Market. The Quadrablock™ Stability Pylons, 2 Piece BioStride™ tongue, Dynalink Rear foot Retention, Alpine designed stance, ID Thermo™ Custom LiteTour (w/Tongue) liner and more aims at giving you the best skiing experience available once you arrive. The Virus is being brought in on 12/1 and that will be it until the spring. This is a 2010/2011 model and will be unchanged. The program carries 3/5/2010 dating . This is the best intro program available on a product that already has won Backcountry Magazine Editor's Choice Award. Take a look at the write up or look on Epic or TGR boards. This is a highly anticipated release. I’ve attached the order form and will be placing orders this week. So there you go. It is here. It seems to be the next great thing. It is outside of our bubble a bit, but if we don't order them they will find someone who will. I think it will sell out and not be re-orderable. How many will we sell? All of them...I hope! If you want one early, you can pre-book now. Let me know!

In the meantime I will be at my sale!

No comments: