Monday, August 3, 2009

The boxes keep coming...

It was Friday. I had worked all week. I thought I was getting ahead and planned on taking Friday off. I thought Friday would be ok. Ship dates from the manufacturers were August 1st. So I went to up to the Napa/Sonoma region to do a three day bike tour with a few friends. A last Hurrah. We do it every year. Good times. Friday in the Hotel I turn on the cell and there was a message from Royal Robbins. Lot's more boxes. Gave me something to think about the rest of the weekend.

The boxes keep showing up. We keep opening them. John and Martin were both in today. They took the shop's interlocking mat floor apart and cleaned it well at the car wash. It lives in the workshop under and around the stone grinder. They also did a first round of cleaning on the floor that lives beneath the mats. Not a pretty job. Tomorrow I will scrub from hands and knees and put it back down with the two of them. Can't wait.

I worked with the web master today to do some final tweaks to the "new look" web site for 2009/10. Hope you all like it. Let me know! I also got some of the sale info up on the site. Final tweeks to the postcard that will be mailed in a few weeks were reviewed. Tomorrow I will download the mail list, clean it up, and forward it on to the printer. The postcard will be put to bed. Actually it is not a post card. It is the first "folding" ad I have sent, so I am a bit nervous about it. More money, but more room to give particulars about the sale. Better I think? We shall see.

Got a few promo things going as well. They seem to be ongoing and about 20% get implemented. You gotta hear it all and wade through and discard the other 80% however. Royal Robbins wants to partner with some "cross pollinating" in our ads and promos. I am going to give her a few lift tickets for a raffle to start with. No big deal. I have to meet with the UC Berkeley Ski and Snowboard club as well. This is a long term good relationship but is high maintenance since they change leadership every year and there are other entities involved that are sponsors. Destination 1440 around the corner on San Pablo does the snowboard side. We cover the ski side. Works out fine, but finding dates that work for three groups takes a bit more time every year. It adds up, ya know?

Anyway, that is it for today's report. No cool or interesting stuff came in (unless you are into underwear or socks). Tomorrow is another day and who knows what it will bring? Not me- and I own the place...

No comments: