Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let the buying season begin!

Well you may or may not have done your gear buying for this year. We are about half way through our hardware sales and a little less than halfway through our expected clothing sales. So your buying may or may not be done for this year. For me as a shop owner, the buying season has just now begun...for next year! I spent a day in Sacramento yesterday looking at 09/10 products for the first time. Some lines I saw have deadlines of the 15th of this month. That's right, in about one week. I am only halfway through this sales season and I already have to start deciding what I will stock next year and how much of it I want to order. I have no idea how the weather will be from here on out. It could be drought or storm after storm. The economy could continue to improve or go back down. Yet the manufacturers want to know what I need for next year. No wonder so few people want to be in this business if money is the goal. It's a lot like being a professional gambler.
But you don't care about that and neither do I (well I do but it is secondary). What we care about is- What's New- What's hot? Well I am not one to whisper secrets, but Rebecca snapped the photo above with her iPhone in the Dalbello booth when nobody was looking. It's the new Tanner Hall Krypton. Wanting a stiffer boot than the El Moro, Tanner asked for and got a Krypton Pro level boot with the ratchet buckle on the cuff like the El Moro has. To make it even more wild, they did it in Rasta colors. So there you have a little tidbit of what's to come. Much more will be divulged after the big show in Las Vegas in a few weeks. I will tell no more for now because I need to get busy. I need to crunch some numbers and start making purchasing decisions. Let the buying season begin!

No comments: