Friday, September 14, 2007

Wow, so here I am. I am a blogger. I went to a workshop put on by SIA (Snowsports Industries of America) today and came away spinning. There were four sections and the final one concerned the web. I (and pretty much everyone else) expected a bunch of statistics about the percentage of ski sales being done over the internet and how it is eroding the dealerbase blah, blah, blah... Instead, we had a guy named Ben Snyder from a business called Sage Island and the title of his presentation was "Web 2.0". Blew my mind! Now I am finally getting what friends of mine like Dave (http://www.vanderkitten.com/) and Jim (http://www.cyclofiend.com/) are all about regarding their use of the internet as a personal and business portal to the world! So it's 5:02am and I have been up most of the night going to various web sites and seeing incredible things. I find that I have let social technology pass me by. I see it all around me now that I know how to recognise it. Hmmm, social technology (that's my phrase and I think I like it!) is here to stay and I am diving right in- right now. I don't know where this will all go but I have some great ideas to get the shop exposure out there and that is the primary goal. So off we go into the future!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Interwebs, GW!

Glad to see that you are writing where the world can start to find you. Keep it going! Short and regular is better than sparodic and "perfect". Best of luck in the upcoming season!

-- Jim