Friday, September 14, 2007

The staff at Mammoth- Spring '06



Here's the folks from my world...


May 2006- Neil the squirrel, Brian Tai, J-Mat, Martin, Timetrial Todd Thomas, Me, Heather and Christian, and Johnny O. in a staff photo. This was from our annual spring staff trip to Mammoth Mountain. As seems to be the case more often than not during these "end of season" trips, we got dumped on. This was about May 5th. A year two before we had gotten four great days of spring conditions and were scheduled to come home Sunday night. I left on Sunday around 2:00pm as a big storm was coming in and I had a comittment at home the next day and had to get over the pass before it hit. Asking if anyone else wanted to come along to beat the storm they all looked at me with puzzled expressions. I seemed to be the only one with any concerns about road conditions. Finally Matt (Mr. Happy) stepped up and said "sorry dude, but you're on your own". When I didn't respond he continued "you don't get it, dude, the shop is closed for the summer. You just layed us all off. We have no jobs, we have nowhere to be, a storm is about to hit, and we are in a hotel room on your credit card. We're staying!" I told them they could stay till Tuesday. It snowed about 3 feet. I drove home alone. Good times!

2 comments:

Time-Trial said...

I would have come home with you Greg. As long as that hotty Todd came too.

Cajeta said...

Any chance of Greg and the crew telling us more about their annual trip to Mammoth, like where do you stay, any good estaurants, where you entered the mountain each day and your favorite runs? I've only been there twice.