Friday, February 4, 2011

Onward we roll

So my beloved Steelers are in the Super Bowl again. I won't see it, but I will be wearing my Franco Harris jersey to work. At the end of the day we head to Alpine Meadows for two days of on snow demo's of next years skis. After that I go to Mammoth for two more days of the same. Alpine with half the staff, Mammoth with the other half. Things are interesting this year and the demo days will be very important.
Last week was the yearly industry trade show in Denver. Last year was ok. The manufacturers mainly just re-painted their skis, boots, and bindings for another year. Not too much new in clothing. A lot of retailers didn't go either, so it was fine, but could have been better.
This year- wow! The manufacturers seemed to all decide to step it up. Innovations were abundant. All new offerings from many brands, And a few mind bending innovations that could change thugs going forward. The Salomon BBR ski and the Fischer custom boot system come to mind first.
And all the skis have changed. Rocker, rocker everywhere. Everything needs to be tested as it is all new. I got a few days in at Winter Park testing the new stuff. Overwhelming? Yes. Challenging? Hell yes! I cannot wait!
As usual I have not had any time off and am beat so I will keep this short. I will let you know some of the winners and losers as soon as I can!

No comments: