Thursday, December 17, 2009

Game On!

Yahoo! I skied on natural snow at least four feet deep yesterday. John called last night at about nine o'clock. He was still at work. They had a massive day and he was sounding like he needed to go home and sleep. Just a few more boots to get to and then he would head home. I almost felt a bit guilty but hey, a man's got to ski right?
So with the snow dances paying off in spades we are suddenly in top gear at the shop. The timing was sort of perfect. It gives us some time to spread things out before Christmas. The 10-20 day a year skiers came in as soon as the storm hit to get there season started. Now we will start seeing the Christmas shoppers and the families that do one trip a year and it happens right after Christmas. All hands are on deck and we are doing huge numbers at the register (for us anyway!).
Jennifer is home now and Rebecca gets home Monday. It is so exciting to have them home for a bit. I can't wait to ski with them! I expected Jenn to want to go with me yesterday but she had other plans already. I did make it home in time to catch the Campolindo vs. Miramonte girls varsity soccer game with Jenn last night. She went a bit early so she would have time to hug most of the players and all the coaches before the game started. They made all the "you should put on a uniform- we could really use you" jokes. It was sort of a returning hero scene. A few other players that graduated last year showed up part way through the game too. They were talking about doing an alumni and coaches verses the team game. Sounds like good fun! Count me in!
Alright then. I guess until the next time I ski it is work, work, work. That is where I am headed right now. That's where I will be well into the evening. There is no place I would rather be today. Thanks again for the snow dances. We seemingly did an excellent job this year!

No comments: