Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's getting colder!

Well, the scene has changed from Fall to Winter. The leaves have dropped as have the nuts. Daylight savings time has kicked in. My birthday has passed. We are halfway through the football season. The hardtop has been put onto the Miata. And the skiers are coming out in droves. The vibe is that we will have a good snow year. More people than in any other season seem to have purchased season passes. Sales are brisk at the shop and people are spending their money to get the gear they want or need. The energy is getting to be fever pitch.
For us working at the shop things are progressing too. We are now open seven days a week. The hires are in. They are being trained and measured. The clinic season is half done as far as outside reps coming in. Now we will start the in-house clinics. We are "overstaffed" because with only the weekends open we had everyone working and did training as we helped customers. Lot's of staff. Lot's of customers. It has worked out well. We have been busier than ever before. That's good news! It is also making me/us lag behing a bit in the training aspect. Now with a seven day schedule, it is harder to have a full staff clinic or meeting. I have to kick into high gear.
We have had a few club functions here this month. They are fun. We have another big one coming up next week with SnowPals. We have sold a little over ninety boots so far this year. That has given us a lot more space to breathe. Another couple hundred sold and we can get the boots all stored in a few areas. That will be nice.
And then...we wait for snow.
I want to ski so bad I can taste it!
I should have gone to Mammoth on October 9th when they opened but I passed. Now I regret it. I have made plans for a Colorado trip and will do a few Utah jaunts. But give me a turn and burn to Sugar Bowl on a Wednesday and I am good to go. Bring it on. I would ski sand right now! Heavenly has announced the weekend of the 21st. They are blowing snow. I hope they are right!

No comments: