Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lazy Days of Spring

We have a closing date now for our little summer respite. Our last day for the season will be May 3rd. After that the staff will be heading to Bend Oregon to ski at Mt. Bachelor for a bit. Our traditional trip has been to Mammoth but we decided to change things up this year. The director of Marketing at Bachelor sent us an email with some very attractive lodging and lift rates so we thought- why not?

Right now is a weird time at the shop. Business is very slow when temps outside are in the high 80's. We always have Lot's to do on my lists, but it is hard to get motivated. After going hard all year, it just seems like it's time for a break. That break is coming but it is still a few weeks off so we try to stay motivated and stick to the list of chores. But we get spring fever too and so we lallygag quite a bit along the way. I will admit that this year I am probably the worst offender too!

Overall we had a great year. Business was up a bit from last year making this our biggest grossing season ever. We anticipated more sales in a number of categories so are carrying over more inventory than I would have liked in a few areas but overall I am very pleased. Thanks to all of you for making this a great year. Even more thanks should go to my fantastic employees. Without them I would have very little- they are the best in the business!

After Mt. Bachelor I will keep recreating for a month total trip. There are no real plans but to carry my skis, bikes, fly pole, tent, and golf clubs and see what happens. I will spend a few days in Boise with some ski folk that like to mountain bike. I need to end up in Missouri for a family reunion. I'll pick up my dad in Montrose Colorado on the way. Sounds like fun to me! I will be back in the shop during June. It will be good to get away for a bit, and then I am sure it will be good to be back.

See ya then!

2 comments:

Time-Trial said...

I hear the golfing in Maine is awsome!!!

GCalskico said...

Well Todd I guess you will find out in another month or so. That's when it's warm enough to golf there!