Saturday, December 13, 2008

I hope you're happy too!

Winter looks to be here finally! It should start snowing in Tahoe tonight. The resorts are happy, I am happy. I hope you're happy too. This means that business will ramp up big time. Expanded hours are now in effect, rentals will start needing staff, ski sales will explode. It's all hands on deck through the new year and beyond.

We are ready and able to respond to the surge. Rebecca (daughter #1, pictured above) comes back from Chico on Thursday and will be full time. Brian, Mitsi and Gabe get relief from school and will put in hours. Peter and Gary will add a day extra. Christian and Jeremy are both suddenly available to work some too. John Martin and myself will start with the long days as we do every year at this time. It's funny. I don't look forward to grinding insoles at midnight, but I have fond recollections of working late with Martin and John. Kind of a bonding thing I guess.

In any case, we are (to the best of my ability) well trained, organized, well equipped, and loaded to the rafters with the best ski gear available. Our Winter Sale prices are awesome and the signage is all dialed in. The skis, boots, helmets, bags, boots, and accessories look great. Everyone seems to think we have the best clothing selection we have have ever had- particularly for kids. Overall, I look around the store here a few hours before opening and I think we are ready.

Best of all- let the skiing begin!

No comments: