Monday, June 2, 2008

A Brief Spring Fling


Well, we have another Mammoth trip under our belts now. Good times! Six days of skiing consecutively- awesome! I had a really good time both on and off the slopes. A bit different than the last few years, we actually got normal spring conditions. It turned out to be that week in the Bay area when San Francisco hit record temperatures over 100 degrees. It was much better to be in Mammoth where it was only 80 degrees. Super soft snow. I sunburned my knees between my boots and my shorts. We would ski from 7:30 (more like 8:30) until 1:00 (more like noon). Then a quick tasty lunch and a beer on the deck of the lodge and back to the homestead for some hot tub action or a sauna perhaps. Maybe take in a museum in the afternoon or a hike or a bit of fishing. It was a very relaxing way to wrap up the retail year.
Interesting going's on at Mammoth centered around the US Ski team being there at the same time as us. Mens and Womens A,B, and C teams all seemed to be there. It was cool to watch them running the courses. Better still for me was hanging around with the tech's that support the skiiers. As we know many of the techs we got to check out the rooms they employ all the new tricks and tweaks they are using to help people ski really fast. Very cool stuff if you are an equipment geek. The downside is that John has another list of "must have" boot fitting tools that will be very cool to check out and will then maybe get used occassionally on customers boots. Worth the purchase every time! ;)
So now we are back and doing the summer thing. John, Todd, Erle and I golfed last Friday together. I shot a 92. Not bad for me right now. Erle shot an 82- nice! I am riding with Becky tomorrow. She wants to see some more East Bay mountain bike trails so I am happy to help out. John and I have been spending some time at the shop as well. A fair number of you have asked for appointments to shop for boots or skis plus we need to take care of the yearly maintenence stuff around the store.
So now it is graduation for my daughter Rebecca and all the hoopla that will surround this big event. Then...who knows. I have a list of things I would like to do. We shall see how many items I get to cross off over the next few months. I wil keep you up on my progress!

No comments: